Saturday, August 16, 2008

candidate-ness!

being an aspiring CAT officer is never easy..yeah great! :-P at first, i can't feel the pressure of being one. until this afternoon..wenkz! hmm..disaster happened..! :-)

at 11 am this morning, we were assembled at the quadrangle (the usual place!) for our CAT training-slash-exam! We were given 6 questions, some are essay type, & some are shocking (write the Lupang Hinirang..how's that for a Filipino student?!) after that, all candidates for CAT officers were asked to stay for our lecture that lasted for..roughly 4 hours!

but first we need to eat our packed lunch..we were asked to bring a banana & i had no idea that it doesn't only function as a dessert..! we were asked to do a "square meal"! at first, i didn't know what that means..but erika gave that shocking stare, which is i know was not good! well, her stare was right: IT WAS NOT GOOD!!! imagine, we were told to sit only 3 inches of our butt! oh my..then i thought that's it..but, we were asked to put the banana on top of our head! now how am i supposed to eat with that thing on my head, huh?! :-O then here's the twist: we will eat with a time limit & counting! oh my..really oh my!!! i had the hardest time eating, i swear! in fact, i never got the chance to enjoy my fried chicken & pork with gravy! hmmmmpp!!! >:( plus, the banana kept sliping from my head, so it was pretty irritating. then there's the water thing..

..we had 3 counts to drink water once in a while..at first drink, the banana slipped from my head so my time was consumed on getting the banana..! second time: i drank the right amount of water..good! then there's the third try: i think i panicked a bit, so i hurried my drinking..there was still water in my mouth when i heard alvin (special mention!) laugh! i laughed also so guess what happened?! naluwa ko po ang tubig, bow! that happened in front of my batchmates..it was embarrassing! good thing no one teased me about that after the training..and good thing the commandant didn't reprimand me! after eating, he just conducted lessons.

hindi pa ako ganap na officer ah..pero grabe! but even though i already experienced this kind of thing, i don't wish to quit. because i know that quitting only means i don't have confidence on myself. just like when i was assigned as platoon leader last week, i knew i sounded like a dork, but i just brushed off all the negative vibes & told myself, "so what?! mas maganda nga pag matining boses mo eh, nakakatulig!" and i also know that we were made to experience these for our own..never quit! never surrender! aja! tira tira!!! :-P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha..gud luk nalang sa inio.balita ko may nakakain daw ng balat ng saging?

rize08 said...

just dropping by