Thursday, June 26, 2008

new-found glory

at last, i felt the energy going!

our student council election's coming..and when there are party lists, there are also entertainers for each group. my best buds (marc & erika..cuzzins!) told me that they were preparing for a dance number for a particular party list..and they want to include me! haha..me?! well, who's gonna think of including innocent me in a dance troop? heck, they do. :-P but seriously, me? i don't even dance! the last time i danced in public was last march 5..my friends joined the dancing contest, so nahila ako.

if you know my history, i don't dance at all. i have a robot body & ang tigas talaga ng baywang ko. usually when i try to dance, some people tease me & say, "ang tigas naman n'yan!" but now i try not to make pansin of the usual teasing & laughing. i join dancing contest now..but still get shy when i notice that some of my co-dancers are the GOOD ones. ouch. reality hit me!

back to the recent invitation, i agreed to dance with them..since i would like to hone my social skills & erase my little bit of shyness. this time, we will be dancing something quite different. i mean, we will be dancing to the tunes of "ring ring ring" by s.h.e.! hehe..talk about taiwanese-pop introduction in school! so for that we practiced since monday..and the first day coinsisted of me trying to get the steps right & them (the choreographers..marc & ekay!) trying to correct my mistakes. at the end of the day they were tired and..i think na-konsume sa akin! haha.. :-P

today we practiced..this time with our new member, ka-tHymAnGeRzZ princess (special mention!). i thought that was the end of my hopes..hopes of me being a good dancer. we all know for a fact (at least WE in the school & her family know) that princess is a great dancer. and i was put up beside them? gosh. i said earlier, "oh ano ako na mascot niyo?" of course i got nervous when i learned that she will be included because..i'd be embarrassed in front of magdaleneans..my self esteem could get low..and i could no longer have self confidence. but as we practiced earier, i sensed something different. something good.

at last, i'm already dancing! haha..i felt like i got the steps right & i was able to groove to the beat! haha..even though i'm not as good as them, still i managed to dance with them. actually, i LOOOOVEEEEDDD the feeling! for the final practices, i think i did well & i didn't want to stop! ganun pala 'pag nag-eenjoy ka. masaya pala. nakakatuwa. hekhek.. :-D

haay..now i know that even though matigas ang baywang ko, i can still groove to the beat..especially when i'm with my friends who are willing to help me & encourage me to believe that i CAN have the talent. thanks for the faith..hehe..sana mabasa niyo 'to no?! zai jian! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JANE! I AM YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN :))