Monday, June 23, 2008

meetings (again)

after a month, we all meet again.

last june 16, my aunt nini (eldest sis of my dad) died because of cancer and maybe..katandaan na rin. so on june 20 (erika's bday!), we went to manila memorial park-sucat to mourn. and things like this call for a grand family reunion. so there i was, trying to mingle with my cousins.

prior to my aunt, she was kind to me. i mean, she accepted me despite of my unusual status (secret!). so it was expected for me to cry a bit when it's the last mass already. seriously, the choir's mellow voice helped my tears to fall. plus pa yung fact na nakikita ko yung mga tita ko na umiiyak, so nadala rin ako. haay..life..someone really has to go. and in our case it was my aunt who has to go. :-(

after the mass, we walked from the funeraria to the spot---while raining. gosh, you can picture it already: my sis & i sharing the same big umbrella, wet pants & shoes, wet arms, and leg aches. but we were still able to make it, though.

i still wish that aunt nini is happy na there..because her life would be more miserable if she stayed alive here..but with tubes that sustains her life. that's hard---knowing that those tubes can't sustain your life forever & they will add more burden to your life. so it's really best to go on & continue her life---in a place where there are no problems, no suffering, & no sadness. just angels, yummy foods (whaat?!), and a quiet ambiance (bakit ko ba nasasabi 'to nakapunta na ba ako dun?! gosh.)

No comments: