Tuesday, June 10, 2008

first day low...(and little highs)

i thought i would be happy when i get to step inside that huge, maroon gate. well, not so.

the night before june 10 (that's yesterday), i can't sleep even though it's already past 10 pm. i kept clearing my mind & even resorted to counting sheeps (not effective for me!), but still, i can't put myself to sleep. excited much?! finally i fell asleep at i think 11 pm...then woke up at 5 in the morning (big SURPRISE!). i took a shower (cold!), ate breakfast, and groomed myself. at 6:20, i was already in the tricycle.

as i was making my way to our school gate, i spotted my two junior year classmates. i asked them which section they belong to, but no one answered me. as in, dedma lang. maybe they don't know, or they don't care about their old classmate. poor jane. :( anyway as i reached the gate, i saw old & new faces all bunched up there. i went to the stage to see the lists of students. i searched for my name: first, IV-st. martha...nope! next...IV-st. immaculate concepcion...nope! next...IV-st. lazarus...nope! oh my...i'm an eMeNeM! hehe...in "esmeri" speak, that means i'm in IV-st. mary magdalene! but after a short "hooray!", i was disappointed. the reasons? read this:

1. hindi ko kaklase si beszie erika
2. wala akong classmate na tHymAng
3. wala akong masyadong ka-close sa kanila
4. lahat sila nagsiksikan sa IV-immaculate concepcion

well, i have nothing against my new section or what, i'm just sad...for the fact that my friends are all there, and that i have no seatmate for the field trip. (i was planning to go sound-tripping with erika eh!) but i hope that, eventually, i'll find new friends there. but as the flag ceremony started, i kept a busangot face. :(

my first day plans crashed with my emotions & expectations (expect kasi ng expect eh!) i planned about trying the new soft ice cream there...but it was so crowded that i decided not to continue. i also planned that i will not have my baon for the first day because i want to experience the canteen feeling again. but heck, the canteen's closed! horror hits me. ouch!>:( and i planned that before we go home, i will taste isaw with suka again. but manong's not present. better not to plan next time. (but this is my last year in high school!)

my adviser's nice...but he doesn't know me, though. well, that's because i've never been his students for the past three years. he even mistakened me for someone else (ako daw si lumampao...) he had speech problems because of his cough, so i didn't understand him well.

by the end of the day (by the way we're only half day! but regular classes the next day...no books!), i still went home with my long-time friends. even though we're walls apart from each other, i'm still lucky that they're still be able to wait for me every food breaks. of course, friendship never ends, no matter what sections you're in right now.

add: welcome CAT & community service! i hope i pass the first one. lol.

No comments: