Sunday, July 27, 2008

a taste of independence

all doors & windows are closed..and my parents are both out of the house.

early last night, my mom told me that she's gonna leave us today because of some calling issues. the first thing that popped into my mind was, "ooh..i don't know when my dad's coming home, and my mom's going to leave tomorrow..ok jane, get ready for some instructions!" and i was right. my mom told me to wake up early so i can take care of my sis & niece..cook breakfast & lunch..and clean the house. do i really know what these mean?! i'm gonna be the in-charge of everything! we'll be alone!

today: everything went smoothly: my mom & ate left us, we ate breakfast that my mom had prepared us before she left, cleaned the house, & i popped in dora the explorer for my niece (her only joy from the moment she wakes up to the time she's feeling sleepy!). then came lunch time. i cooked rice & chopped some onions & garlic for our viand: corned beef! you know, canned goods are your only glory when your alone..unless you know how to cook (haven't practiced yet..yaikz! nakakahiya ang laki ko na..!). i was preparing the ingredients with ease when suddenly, i remembered that: we DON'T have a can opener! what the heck!!! :-O so my hands suffered big time because i used the knife to open that..thing! and oh, i spent so many minutes opening that..not to mention i released a lot of sweat. eew! :-P

after a long time of trying to open that can with all my might, i successfully made it! it's m first time to open a canned good that way..it's tough, but very nice! and it's much better to eat what you have cooked because you're proud (yihee!).. :-P

until now, my parents's not yet here. my sister's asleep, and my niece's still watchin dora the explorer. me?! just blogging..and out! ;-)

No comments: