Thursday, November 27, 2008

poverty kids

poverty is truly felt by all of us in the modern times. and as you walk along the streets of my hometown, you'll find many poverty-stricken kids.

before going home w/ my friends, i bought some chips & water..y'know, i want something to munch & sip on while walking..^_^ then as we reached the park, a boy---a typical poor boy---came running towards me & started to stretch his hand (in the manner of asking). at first, i politely said to him, "naku kuya, ito na nga lang pagkain ko eh." i know i should have just ignored him, but i can't help it. i started to walk again when he followed me! i changed my way, but he still kept on following me w/ his stretched arm! my friends started to tell him to just go, but he wouldn't budge. he kept on nudging me, but as we reached a crowded place, he just vanished.

maybe he just gave up. but what can i do? i don't want to toletate those kids. i don't want them to wait for me every afternoon for some food. i'm not helping them in that way..i'm just making them more lazy. i don't want to entertain them. now my eyes are open..poverty is really all over our country. haizzt..lesson learned: don't eat while on the way! ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. one tym bumili ako slurpee..paglabas ko ng 7 eleven may btang nghngi nung slurpee ko. for sum unknown rizon, binigay ko naman. :)