Wednesday, June 3, 2009

i remember...

sometimes, you'll never know when destiny will surprise you with something unexpected.

i remember a time when i was so desperately in need of a boy bud. i was only 11 years old then. all of my closest friends then were girls and i had zero guy friend. plus, i kept on dreaming about having a guy pal. so i consulted one of my girl friends and she gave me phone digits of some boys she knew. having a textmate or a phonepal was all the rage then, so i tried to blend in. well, i met some guys (through phone), but they never became my friends. it was all a big mistake.

when i entered high school, i wasn't that desperate about the boy bud thing anymore. but, to my amazement, little by little, i started to gain guy friends who, i know, will remain w/ me until forever. it was truly unexpected. :) now, i'm just so thankful to have them in my life.

lesson: never rush into anything! it will come to you naturally and, most of all, when you least expect it. and don't settle for the phonepal/textmate thing...'cause you'll never really know when the person on the other end of the line is being sincere to you or not. just wait patiently, and who knows? maybe you'll get more than what you have in mind. that's just a piece of advice...from moi. ^_^

mantra of the moment: expect the unexpected! :-P

No comments: