Wednesday, December 10, 2008

electrified

uhmm..where will i begin?!

for the first time in my life, i was electrified. but in a good way. and it was because of our retreat held just this december 8, 9 & 10. for three days & two nights, we stayed in capuchin retreat center in lipa, batangas. well..never been to that place. ^_^ armed w/ 2 heavy bags, i entered that place w/ so many questions stuck in my head: what will this retreat be like? am i gonna cry? would i enjoy this retreat? what kind of activities will we be doing? what will happen?!

for three days & two nights, i was enlightened. i was being fed up spiritually, emotionally, & physically (the buffet was great..but i must say, those 6 meals a day were too much for my tummy to take..^_^). i thought the sessions would be boring, but i was wrong---very wrong. our retreat master, kuya pau, was the greatest speaker ever! i mean, he was never boring. there were no dull moments w/ him. ^_^ he's so cool..greetings kuya pau!

this retreat helped me realize life. it healed my heart & soul. w/ each activity, i feel like i'm splashed w/ clean water. i feel refreshed. and i don't know why, but when i went to a hut & i was alone there, i found peace. the nature's very kind to offer me such peace & quiet ambiance. and when i read some Bible readings, i felt relieved. i admit it, that was my first time to ponder what the Bible says. and i felt happy. i also liked the fact that through this spiritual gathering, i was able to communicate w/ my schoolmates. i got the chance to mingle w/ them & hear their thinkings about me. i think i was lucky that they were honest enough to tell the truth. i was also flattered when, for the very first time, my best friend hugged me very tight. i know she haven't done that to me before, & because of that i thought she doesn't consider me as a best friend. but now i realized that i should widen my mind & just try to understand each other. i was also able to reconcile w/ my past enemy..we're now back to normal. ^_^

i can't believe it, but because of this retreat, my mind was opened. i appreciated life even more. i now know the sacrifices my parents make for us. and i realized that life is nonsense w/o LOVE. as my favorite quote says, "love makes the world go round." ^_^ thanks to this special gathering, i am now a better person. and most especially, i became closer to Him. Lord, thank You for lending us Your ears..for allowing Yourself to listen to our pain. as what we all say, JC..you're the MAN! ^_^

i will never forget those days. for me, nothing beats our retreat! all together now:
"God is great?!
All the time!
All the time?!
God is great!
All the way?!
Yeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!=P"
goodnight folks..this blog entry is getting long. to sum up my experience, it was definitely, totally, super GREAT!!! ^_^ ciao!

snappies here! ^_^^iv-st. mary magdalene..the best section evah! ^_^^the place..i love capuchin! ^_^
^just posing..=P
^w/ my friends..^_^
^the first time my beszie hugged me! yay! ^_^
^w/ kuya pau..^_^
^w/ emerrize..
^..and mazy! they were my roommates..^_^

..ciao na talaga! ^_^

No comments: