Saturday, May 17, 2008

miss piggy's cake obsession

our refrigerator's experiencing such difficulty these days. and, honestly, i blame my constant fridge-opening for that. so why am i doing this? because of that devil-ish cake.

my dad celebrated his birthday last may 10, saturday. and because of that, he bought chicken with gravy, some viand, and a mocha cake from goldilock's. after lunch, our eyes widened with delight...only because the cake's already sitting on the table. although i munched my own slice with satisfaction, i am not quite excited about eating the cake. call me crazy, but it's true.

the enxt day, we went to our aunt's house to celebrate again. there, my titos & titas revealed the cake that's for my dad. it was round, big, and extremely mouthwatering. when we were on our way home, i thought, "oh, another gift from heaven!" when we got home, we cleared half of the fridge so we could place the whole cake there. then it started.

i begged for cake pleasures almost everyday---like, eery meal! i remember one day i ate cake for breakfast, after lunch, merienda, & after dinner! i didn't notice my katakawan at first, but then everytime i plead fot cake, my mom complains, "sige jane tataba ka nanaman!" , but i didn't listen. i still open the fridge & slice, slice, slice...until the size became 1/4.

i realized how i made myself a pig for so many days. i realized that every slice of that scrumptious goodness doesn't only make me look fat, it also made me lose my discipline for food. i realized that i was the only one who gobbled up the whole cake. selfish much?!

yesterday, the cake finally reached its happy ending. and when i took a bite on my last slice, i know i finally said goodbye to my piggy days. well, i'm still a pig, but not much anymore.

sniff, sniff! farewell, three-layered mocha cake!='(

No comments: